Email received December 14, 2015

Mom,
I don´t know what time I will be able to Skype. I´m not sure if the mission will be establishing a certain time to skype or not. But will probably be around 4 or 5 pm local time. Around noon there at home. But I´ll confirm next monday.
The new area is great! It´s a pretty packed with houses and people. Since it´s the capital, the whole city is pretty packed with stores and all that kind of stuff. It´s an area that has a little bit of the extremes. People very rich and also very poor. But it´s a really good area to work in! We are working really hard to teach a lot of people and mark baptismal dates with everyone we meet. So far, it´s going really well! São Luís is basically an island. My area is a good distance from any beach, so I don´t see the ocean. But I sure do feel the wind that come from the ocean! It helps a lot! I feel like it´s a little more humid here. It´s supposed to be the start of the rainy season this time of the year, but so far, no rain. Hopefully it comes soon! I haven´t memorized the address yet. But we live in an apartment complex, so you would only see the gate from the streetview. I am still a Zone Leader here with a lot bigger of a zone (26 missionaries)! My companion is Elder Gouvea from Sorocaba, São Paulo. He is a great missionary and I am learning a lot with him! He stayed in the area when I came in. This is his 4th transfer here. The city is very developed, but unfortunately a bit unclean. I haven´t gotten my christmas box yet. But I believe it´s in the mission office. And I won´t be able to get it until the new year. We will have a leadership meeting probably in the last week of December or the first week of January.
I am really glad to hear that the elders are teaching a family of 8 people! Hopefully they can continue working with that family to get them baptized! Please send me the email address of Joan! I am so glad and surprised at the same time that she is being taught! That´s so great!! And I am so glad that I was able to be part of what helped her accept the message of the restored gospel! I would love to send her an email and ask how she is doing and maybe help her with her doubts!
It would be good if the emails are just a little bit shorter. They don´t have to be a lot shorter, but just a little. I have some recent converts that I am writing as well and helping them stay active and some other stuff that we do.
I am so glad that I am able to be a part of the Restoration of the Gospel here on the earth. I hope that we can all make good use of this Christmas season and use all of our strength to preach the Gospel to all that we encounter because this is the best time of the year! People are always more open and willing in this Christmas season. And above all, we carry a message that teaches nothing more than the Gospel of Jesus Christ! They truly are Glad Tidings of Great Joy! As we share the Gospel with those that we love most, the Lord will bless not only the lives of those we accept, but also those who share this message. Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He loves us and because of this love, He gave his own life so that we could live once more.
Love you!
Elder Cole Gunnoe










No comments:

Post a Comment