Email received June 20, 2016

Mom,
This week went alright. We ended on a good note and had two baptisms this Saturday morning! Two boys, one is 13 years old and the other is 10 years old. After some time attending church, they were able to be baptized this weekend! Both were confirmed on Sunday the 19th. We also had one man go to sacrament meeting that I didn't really expect to be there! We found him knocking on doors and he already knew a little about the church through a friend of his and when he played soccer there quite a few years ago. We haven't been able to visit him at home and teach him since then, but he went to church on his own this Sunday! So that made me pretty happy! Other than that, not too much to talk about this week.

At least it only gets that hot for a couple of months in the year and not the whole year round! (I told him about our hot weather here the last few days)  During the last months of the year, the temps at night are around 90.... But that's life here in this part of Brasil! Oddly enough Ruby's came into my mind yesterday when I was thinking about food.... We'll have to go there when I get home! If I don't get in the other classes, that's fine. I'll find something to do! I think the box will get here this week or the next. I am going to the mission office every Monday, so I am able to get cards and boxes as they get here. That was a picture of my Eccos. I think they will make it to the end! Although they look pretty bad, they have a solid plastic under the rubber. So I think they'll make it!

Have a great week and stay out of trouble!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Gunnoe

No comments:

Post a Comment