Email received March 30, 2015 - Week 5 in Timon Maranhão

Another week come and gone just as quickly as ever. This week brought up's and down's and all around. Just like every other week since I got here, we didn't accomplish much of anything. We taught very little, found few new investigators, and was just another slow week. It's kind of hard to work hard when your companion doesn't really show that he wants to be here and doesn't work like he should. I am doing my best to help him and to help the area and ward, but it's not really working out that well. And because of this, I have little to write. All I have to say about this week is that things need to change in the next transfer. This transfer is ending this week and there will be transfers next Monday and Tuesday. So we'll see what happens.
This coming weekend is going to be a very special weekend. This weekend we will have the blessing of hearing God's living prophet speak to us along with His apostles and other General Authorities of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This weekend will be truly special! I look forward to the opportunity of hearing President Monson speak to us and give us the guidance and direction we need as a world, as families, and as individuals. Through the words of the men and women who will speak to us, we will be able to be touched by the Holy Spirit and He will show us the answers to our questions. As we enter the coming weekend, I would encourage everyone to watch and listen to the speakers carefully and have in mind 3 questions that we may have in our lives. As we think of these questions, the Spirit will be able to testify to us and we will find answers in the words of those who will be speaking. And once we have received these answers, we need to apply them in our lives. We need to use those answers to be better men and women, disciples of Christ, and members of our communities.
As an ordained representative of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I testify that Thomas S. Monson is the living Prophet of Christ's church on the Earth today. I testify that President Monson receives divine revelation from God to guide His people on the Earth today so that one day we might be able to return to live with Him one day. I know that as we follow the words of the prophets of old and modern times, we will never stray from the straight and narrow path. This Easter weekend, I hope that we can all take some time to think about the nature of the Resurrection of Christ and what comes as a result of that victory. I hope that we may always think of Him, but especially this weekend.
I hope everyone has a good week and stays safe!
Brian and Tracie, Give Shane a hug for me!!!!
Until next week!

Love,
Elder Cole Gunnoe

No comments:

Post a Comment