Email received February 9, 2015

Week 4 as you all know started out with me in Teresina! I was there from Monday until Wednesday night. Did all the medical exams and all that jazz. Got poked with a needle a couple times, took some x-rays, and talked to a lot of people. But all went well! Ended up degressing from almost pneumonia to bronchitis. The doctors told me I could come back and to take some medicines for a few days. So that basically takes up Monday through late Wednesday. But on Wednesday, had a pretty funny experience.  I had gotten very wet. I went out with a couple Elders to visit some of their investigators. The appointments fell through, so we went to make some contacts. After talking with a lady for a bit, we left to do some more work. But then it started raining... And I mean RAINING! So we just decided to go back to the house for the night. Only problem was that the house was a good 15 minutes from where we were. So we ran at times and walked very quickly to get back to the house. But by the time we got back, I was COMPLETELY soaked! Planner ruined, clothes like I had taken a shower with them, and scriptures and journal almost ruined! Luckily the bag kept most of the water out. But man was I wet! It was funny to be running back to the house in a flat down pour at night and everyone dry in their houses watching us. Good times. Then on Wednesday at 11:30pm, I got on the bus to come back to Parnaíba.

     Thursday I got here at 4:30am. Slept for a little while in the ZL´s house, then came back to my area at 10:30ish. Went to lunch and had a good meal! Then went to work. We didn't do a whole lot though because I was wiped out. We just took it easy and visited some families close to our house. Spent the day very tired!

     Friday - Pretty chill day. We were able to count a couple different families as new investigators and had good lessons with them. These families will be a bit of work. Gotta help them with some problems with alcohol and one with we think drugs. Don´t know for sure. But it was a good day Friday!

     Saturday we weren't able to do anything in the morning. No one was around for us to visit. After lunch we visited a bunch of people and found a couple new people. A mother and son accepted a baptismal date!!! And we just had a very good spiritual day!

     Sunday was up and down. We started off very late for church because we wasted time waiting for investigators and left late and all that. So we got to church very late. Not happy about that... But in sacrament we had 98 people (very high number for this branch). So our branch president sent us out to bring in 2 more people to the sacrament meeting. Another Elder and I went out into the street and tried to bring a couple of my investigators, but didn't work out. So we talked a couple péople walking down the street into visiting for the last 10 minutes! In the mean time a couple other people had showed up! We ended up with 103 people in sacrament!!!! So amazing! So many people! Now we need to maintain that! With more than 90 people every week for 3 trimesters, the branch will get a chapel! And we are in the second month of the first trimester with more than 90! So we are on the way to a chapel!

All in all not a bad week! Glad to be back here working in my area again! And a HUGE thank you to all those that have been praying for me! The prayers have helped a lot! Still on the way to 100% again, but definitely am better than last week! Have a good week and always find opportunities to share the gospel with everyone!!

Elder Cole Gunnoe

No comments:

Post a Comment