Email received May 16, 2016

Mom,
This week went pretty well! We were able to do a couple of divisions with other areas to do some baptismal interviews there and were able to stay busy! This Saturday (14-05-2016) we were able to have the baptism of a young man that we have been teaching for a couple of weeks now! He is such an amazing young man! He is one of those investigators that once he is baptized, I don't worry about him leaving the church ever! He has a really strong testimony and is always working hard to learn more! I have never taught anyone quite like him before! He was truly prepared by the hand of the Lord to encounter and accept the restored gospel at this time and the scripture in D&C 29:7 that talks about the elect of God and how they hear His voice and willingly accept it. It was and always will be a great honor to have been an instrument in God's hands in the conversion of one of His children! We were able to have a woman that we are teaching at the baptism and then at church on Sunday which was great! It was her first time in the church building and I think she liked it a lot! We will be visiting her in the next few days to see what she thought about the meeting! When I said that, I meant as a literal and set-apart representative of Christ. I know that I will always be representing Him, but not as I do now. It will be a bit different when I get home, but I know very well that I will always be carrying His name with me. I will make up a list of a couple of things to send next week for you! I will definitely hold on to a couple of things that I used all this time, but not too much. We will be going to the part of the city that has hotels today, so I'll see if I run across anything! That would be the best way to do it. Go up to the coast right away and visit there and then come back down to Teresina. I think it would be good to pass 2 full days there in Parnaíba to see everyone and also go see some sand dunes that are there close by. Then we can come back down to Teresina and visit the areas here. We could stick around here in Teresina from Thursday until Sunday. Then head out on Sunday maybe after lunch. So glad to hear that the recent converts are going strongly and are going to the temple! That is something that really can make all the difference!
Hope you have a great week and that things continue going well!!
LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Elder Cole Gunnoe





No comments:

Post a Comment